Uzbekistan-Azerbaijan: At a new stage of cooperation in the pharmaceutical sector
On June 18, a working group headed by the First Deputy Minister of Investment and Foreign Trade of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Laziz Kudratov visited the Republic of Azerbaijan.
During the visit, representatives of the Agency for Development of the Pharmaceutical Industry of Uzbekistan visited the Pirallahi Industrial Park on the Absheron Peninsula.
The purpose of the visit is to study the activities of the economic zone with special preferential terms designed only for the organization of pharmaceutical production.
During the visit, the First Deputy Director of the Agency for Development of the Pharmaceutical Industry, Ulugbek Egamov held talks with representatives of the Agency for Development of Economic Regions of the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Azerbaijan on the implementation of an investment project to organize the production of medicines.
During the talks, the Azerbaijani side also expressed interest in implementing the project and offered to cooperate with R-Pharm and Diamed, located in the Pirallahi Industrial Park.
At the end of the meeting, representatives of the Pharm Agency visited these plants to get acquainted with the pharmaceutical companies Diamed and R-Pharm.
Within the framework of the above-mentioned cooperative project, pharmaceutical companies of Uzbekistan will have many opportunities.
They are the following:
- Import products to Azerbaijan without customs duties and VAT;
- Privileges in participation in public procurement of medicines (preference is given to local manufacturers);
- Implementation of accelerated registration of drugs in the Center for Analytical Expertise under the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Receiving benefits for residents of economic zones;
- Obtaining additional opportunities for the export of products at the expense of the Export Development Fund under the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Azerbaijan and other subordinate organizations under this Ministry and support the development of local producers in Azerbaijan.
Agency for Development of the Pharmaceutical Industry